Apple, Celery & Lentil Salad with Lemon Dijon Dressing
Posted on August 29, 2014 in Uncategorized
- 2 apples small, finely diced
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup celery finely diced
- 1 can lentils red, green or yellow (19 oz)
- 1/2 cup Snell House Lemon Dijon Dressing
- In a large bowl toss the diced apples with lemon juice to keep them from turning brown. and add the onions and celery.
- Drain and rinse the lentils (if you don't like lentils, Linda substituted chick peas*) and add to the bowl.
- Add the dressing and toss until well mixed. Let stand at least one hour. We found this hour was essential to bring the flavours together. An excelled vegetarian option when served with bread, rice or potatoes.
- I made some minor modifications from Linda's original submission - I hope you don't mind. I found with lentils the fruit & veggies needed to be finely diced, but with chick peas, you may prefer finely sliced apples and celery as Linda originally made it.
Thanks Linda for providing us with this fabulous recipe.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and timly recipies.
Thanks for subscribing!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.