Mexican Rice Bowl
Posted on April 6, 2018 in Uncategorized
This carb-free take on a classic is as filling as it is delicious! This dish uses riced-cauliflower instead of white or brown rice, however both options work equally well. One of the greatest things about “rice” bowls is their unending versatility- you can add or change your toppings to your preference. Try adding avocado, lettuce, mushrooms, tortilla strips, or sour cream- the possibilities are endless!
Mexican Rice Bowl
A versatile rice bowl with a cauliflower base- this Mexican-inspired dish is sure to satisfy on every level.
|Servings 1-2people||Prep Time 10minutes|
|Cook Time 15 minutes|
- 1-2 cups cauliflower "Riced", with any excess water drained
- 1/2 cup red pepper Finely chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion Finely chopped
- 3-5 oz boneless chicken breast Cubed
- 1/2 cup Snell House Salsa
- "Rice" your cauliflower by grating it on a boxed grater or by pulsing it through a food processor until you reach a rice-like consistency.
- Add the cauliflower to a pan over medium heat and allow it to cook for about 5 minutes, or until it begins to soften.
- Once the cauliflower begins to soften, add your red peppers and continue to cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove cooked vegetables from the pan and into your bowl, topping them with sliced green onions. Set aside.
- In the same pan, cook your boneless skinless chicken breast on medium heat for 5-7 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the chicken is cooked, add it to your bowl and top with your favourite Snell House salsa.
- Finally, add your favourite topings! Chopped cilantro, shredded cheese, sliced avocado or a dollop of sour cream all add to this delicious meal!
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and timly recipies.
Thanks for subscribing!
Leave a reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.