Posted on July 17, 2016 in Uncategorized
This beautiful twist on a popular Italian side dish is a great way to use up bits of vegetables in your fridge that are not enough alone to serve the family individually. Green beans and asparagus are suggested below, but you can substitute or add zucchini, yellow beans, mushrooms etc. Use your imagination and whatever is in your fridge. No oil or extra water is required as the juices from the salsa steam the vegetables so you keep all the nutrients in the dish and the salsa imparts a big bold flavour to the vegetables.
This recipe is so simple, your child could do it, under supervision with the knife and stove of course.
|Servings 2people||Prep Time 5minutes|
|Cook Time 10 minutes||Passive Time 0|
- 1/2 cup green beans cut into 2 inch pieces Any vegetables you have left over in the fridge will work
- 1/2 cup asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces Any vegetables you have left over in the fridge will work
- 1/2 cup Snell House Salsa
- Place the salsa in the bottom of a shallow pan that has a lid.
- Layer your vegetables on top of the salsa
- Cover the pan with the lid and turn the heat to a medium low.
- Cook for approximately 10 minutes - just until the vegetables are tender but not mushy.
- Serve as a side to any of your favourite Snell House recipes like Garlic Balsamic Pork Tenderloin with Rosemary and Mustard,
Subscribe To Our Newsletter
Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and timly recipies.